Monday, September 15, 2014

Ides of September

Clarinda, IA - 56º with light misty rain.
     Did 5.5 miles on trikes yesterday afternoon late. 

 Sun came out after lunch and was quite nice while in sunshine, even though temperature was in the 60's.  At right is photo of corn near the airport that I took when riding trike there yesterday.  Shucks on ears of corn are brown and drying, though did not see any turned down yet.







Worked on trailer underneath where tire tread tore up some of the under-flooring when it came loose when we were on the Michigan Trip.

Have new laptop coming to replace the desktop that I have used for 6 years.  Have to look for discs of the programs to put on the new one.

Gotta go --  Later, Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Friend got a new laptop that doesn't have a disc drive. Have to use usb drives to install programs and pictures, or an external usb hard drive. New operating systems take time to get use to. I got a book for "seniors" to help me with my new system. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken - I think this Dell has the disc drive....at least my local man didn't say otherwise. Will be going with Windows 7; he is not a fan of anything above and feels it will do me. I can't find discs for many of my programs and think I left them in my desk in our mobile home in Texas. Since they were for XP might not work anyway, but will try them in another month when we get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use my new 8.1 much while at home, and it takes time to get more proficient when I do. When she took her laptop out of the box it was like "This thing's broke, there's no disc drive!" She's having problems adapting to the new system. She had an Apple laptop and a Vista tower before.

    ReplyDelete