Monday, February 6, 2012

A little cool

La Feria, TX  54º heavy overcast

   After going to exercises this morning at 8 Phyllis stayed at the hall and I rode my trike for a while then returned for donuts and the Association Meeting at 9:00 am.  Rather short meeting and neither of us won one of the four $5 drawings at the end.  We returned to our house then, with Patty, went to Oliver and Mary Jo's park and rode with them into Harlingen to Peter Piper Pizza with many from their Emerald Grove Park. 
Here is a photo I forgot to post yesterday.  This little girl was eating in the booth behind us and kept flirting with us.
Since I was a bit late this morning at exercise I spent my time near the door and got a different view of the exercisers:


Patty Steckelberg and Phyllis were across from me.


    Yesterday was Phyllis' sister Beth's birthday and Phyllis called her in Grand Lake, CO yesterday.  They have had very little snow there this year, whereas last year at snowed constantly and ended up with something just under 120" for the year.  The storm in Denver was just east of them and moved to the east.  Understand southwest Iowa got about 8 to 10" of real wet snow.  Internet weather shows 32º there with sunshine, so imagine it is melting some in the direct sun.  Forecast for the Rio Grande Valley the next 6 days is for showers.  My work on finishing the small roof over the back door steps will wait for another time.
   Till later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment