Saturday, January 31, 2015

One of my High School Classmates found me!

La Feria, TX - 61º -

 Someone I hadn't seen since High School Graduation in Callaway, Nebraska in May of 1961 came by our place here in La Feria the other day.

Lyle Erstrom was in my high school class of some 30 kids.  Though we were not close, we shared the same classes for high school; me - 4 years and Lyle the last 3 years.

Lyle and his wife Pat live near Somerville, Texas and had found me through his younger sister
Judy as I had "friended" her on Facebook within the last year or so.  We caught up on what we had been doing the last 54 years and had a nice visit.









This last week has found me working with Pat Sumner on a set of steps and landing for Harold and LaRhoada Neher, my neighbor to the east.


Also got started on putting windows in new wall on the west side of our awning.

Pat set up to cut the 24' pieces of iron for the steps and landing at the Welding Supply place -- they needed cut and we couldn't fit them in to my Ford Excursion quite that long.










Picked up Patty at the Harlingen Airport on Thursday and we have been catching up on things Page County.

More later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment