Sunday, April 14, 2013

'Nuther day on our "50th" trip

I refer to our "50th" trip because this is being done to celebrate our attaining 50 years of marriage back on March 10th (and also that I will be 70 on June 10th)

If you click on the on the web site at the top of this page Weather where we are you should get the weather wherever we are. (Providing I remember to change the site each time we move our trailer)



I had a visit from my old friend IBS in the middle of the night I was in no shape to travel this morning until close to noon.  (Had been over 6 months since the last little visit)   
We did go into Big Bend National Park and stopped at the entrance to get our window sticker.  They still honor the Golden Pass that I got when I turned 62 so that saved some bucks.

We stopped at the headquarters (first photo) and got some tips and also bought some books.  We drove all the way down to Rio Grande Village and walked out to where we could overlook the river and a very small town on the Mexican side.



We were in temperatures all the way from the 60's to 96 degrees as we went up and down the different mountain roads, gaining and loosing over 2,500 feet several times.

I didn't take a odometer reading tonight, but think we drove between 150 and 200 miles today, eating supper at a fancy restaurant at about 5,000 feet elevation.  We took 233 pictures and I am just to tired tonight to go through them so will try to do that tomorrow.  We have decided to stay here at Stillwell  Store and RV another night, exploring the southwest part of the park tomorrow and then heading up towards Fort Davis the next day.

More later, Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Envy you guys! Snow and sleet sucks! Should have stayed in TX. Granddaughter got married Sat. Beautiful bride, beautiful wedding! Will keep watching your progress around the country.

    ReplyDelete