Thursday, May 31, 2012

Why do we listen to weather forecasters?

Clarinda, IA 55º heavy overcast.

      Last Sunday or Monday our local (Omaha, NE) weathermen showed dramatic graphs of the heavy rain our area would get by this mid-week.  In our area 2.5" and other areas close to us over 3".  With the cracks in the lawn wide enough I was worrying about robins dropping out of sight while looking for bugs, I was looking forward to this rain.  Yesterday we got .25" inch and we may have gotten another .1" today.  So where is all the rest of that 2.5"+?  All three local TV channels were predicting this.   The local farm crops (as well as the lawns) can sure use the moisture and what little came now is welcome.

Picture at right shows the deck this morning.  So, guess there was some rain.  The rain that is coming down isn't as much as a small flock of sheep could produce even if they were in short supply of drinking water.







We are mapping out our expected trip with our travel trailer, leaving here in a short month.  Hoping to see several people from our RV Park in La Feria who live in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Michigan; as well as spending 5 days in Hocking Hills State Park south and a little east of Columbus, OH.  Our daughter lives in Columbus and will come down to be with us during the week of the Fourth of July as we explore this interesting park and area.  See Hocking Hills SP here

Earlier part of this week we did about 7 miles each day on our recumbent trikes.  With the cooler weather it was really nice.  This morning I just did about 35 minutes on the stationery bike in our bedroom.  Here are some photos of our trek last Tuesday:
Some Larkspur we rode by, shimmering in the bright sunshine.
 


As we went through an area of housing that is surrounded on 3 sides by the golf course, photo at right shows Phyllis stop to visit with a friend who was at her son's place letting the little pooch out for a while.  While she visited I did several rounds from where she is to the end of the Cul-de-sac that is behind the camera.

I have been working in my shop on some wood shelves for my computer desk and listening to "George Washington - A Life", by Ron Chernow  Click here to see description.  This has 33 CD's and I admit I listen to most of them twice before moving on because as I am working I loose track of what has been said. I never thought much about him in his life before being the President, which I studied in school.  This gives an incite to his entire life; quite interesting--though I am only up to CD7.   I am also reading "Prairie Tale: A Memoir by Melisa Gilbert  Click here to see description.  She writes a quite candid story of her thoughts growing up.
Tomorrow starts June.

Till later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment