Thursday, March 7, 2013

Water Aerobics

La Feria, TX  56º - Predicted high for today - 81º


  Nearly every morning since we arrived here at Kenwood late last October, Phyllis gets up at 6:15 am and heads for the pool to do water aerobics.  I have posted photos in the past of the stretching exercises we both go to at 8:00 am at the Rec Hall, but realized I haven't taken or posted any of Phyllis' activity.  So, this morning, for the first time I meandered over and took these shots.
 I asked if they would do handstands so I could see some leg, but they declined!

Lot of bouncing in the water while they do the motions with their arms.













Yesterday I saw this wonderful pile of 2" x 4"s and plywood that they had removed from the office as they do some remodeling.  I got a full car-load and spent most of yesterday morning sorting and pulling nails.  Didn't take a picture of where it is by the storage shed, but when I get the roof finished over the shed I will re-arrange stuff in the shed and the wood will all stay in there until this fall when I hope to remove the shed and use the lumber and some tin I have collected to build an enclosed shop/storage area under a portion of the new 14' x 18' roof.  I have only 5 (of the 18 total) panels left to put up!

Today is Care & Share sewing day for Phyllis with many of the gals at the Rec Hall.  It ends at 3 and about 3:30 pm we are taking a car load and several other cars are going to Golden Corral to celebrate Doris Winter's birthday (yesterday), Harold Nehr's birthday in a few days, and Phyllis' birthday on the 28th of this month.  Oh, will also celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary which will be this next Sunday.

Friday we have Choir Practice in the morning after both the exercise routines; and we go to Progreso, Mexico after lunch to have dentist look at the post that was installed in my head Tuesday.

Till later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment